If you need to become a better version of yourself, you always need to set goals and pursue them.
The first and most important thing is to write them down and even better to share them with others. That will make you more accountable in order to achieve them.
Without goals you don’t know where to go or what to achieve. Goals don’t have to be yearly. You can do it monthly, quarterly or anything you want. I usually make adjustment on my goals and reflect on what I have done for the past quarter.
My goals for 2020 fall into three categories:
- Put my health, wellness and peace first
- Healthy eating, exercise and meditate daily
Career growth goals
- Read programming books
- Watch online courses and get certifications
- Hone my programming skills
- Enrich my website with content
- Boost my networking skills
- Build strong relationships based on honesty and trust
Let’s break them down in more detail and time-oriented:
Goals for every month
- Read 1 book
- Listen to 1 audio book
- Write at least 1 blog post
Goals for every week
- Hit the gym 3 times
- Reflecting on the progress
Goals for every day
- Meditate for 15 minutes
- Read a book for 30 minutes before going to bed